The words from my dad....an avid runner who would run as a career if he could.
Last week was difficult. I DID NOTHING! Before I started this journey and before I decided to train for my first half marathon doing nothing was the story of my life well not anymore. With a new promotion at work and training days in between everything else...doing nothing is not an option.
Its really hard sometimes to come home and get myself ready for a run. Now since I started it has definitely gotten easier and easier but those days still creep up on me where I have to do everything in my power just to get my ass out the door. And on those days.....the run is oh so sweet!
Today I ran 5K...I won't share the time because I am not super thrilled with it but it was not my best time. About half way through my run the arches in my feet really started to ache. "Welcome to the world of running my dear" is what my dad told me when I asked him why this was going on. And it is so true. Going forward in my life and really trying to turn the physical and mental aspect of it around there are things I have to get used too. I am starting to ache when I run now. Especially when I run on the road. Now this is where the hard part comes in. I am so used to using small aches and pains as an excuse to stop or slow down but now its time to HTFU and suck it up. As long as it is not serious it won't kill me. I just have to realize that there are things I can work through.
I have recently met this person who also writes a blog. Her blog is inspiring. The way she writes is so graceful and expressive and it seems to come so naturally. She has such a positive outlook on life. I don't know her very well yet but I have a feeling I will be seeing a lot more of her. I am so happy that I read her blog because she inspires me to write. Now my style of writing on here is a lot different then hers but she also inspires me to love me for me and not only be positive about the world and life but just be positive about myself and the achievements that I have made and will make big or small. So Thank you for that.
I started freaking out yesterday about how much time I have left until Race Day and how I missed last week. Am I going to have enough time? Am I going to be able to finish the race? Am I doing enough? Well after a run yesterday and a run today I am feeling a little more at peace with the whole thing. As long as I stick to my guns and get myself up everyday ready to work hard for me and for the race then I will be okay. It won't be easy....if it was, everybody would do it right?
"I don't believe you have to be better then everybody else. I believe you have to be better then you thought you ever could be." -Kevin Venturi
No comments:
Post a Comment